Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. For the safety of our patients and dental team, our office adheres to the infection control recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment to help protect our patients and staff. These changes include:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. We will confirm those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment.
- To minimize contact and facilitate social distancing, our goal is to complete paperwork and payments electronically. While these systems are being updated, we ask that you send all documents to our HIPAA- secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that payments be made through our website payment feature or authorized over the phone, if possible.
- Please ensure that a face covering is worn when you enter the office and throughout your visit. Only take your face covering off while we are performing treatment.
- Please call our office (505-327-6233) when you arrive to the parking lot and remain in your car. A member of our team will come outside to greet you, take your temperature, and review the screening questions before entering the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office to use as needed.
- We are attempting to minimize use of our reception area. In addition, you may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or reading materials since those items are difficult to disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing and enhanced disinfection protocols between patients. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling appointments.
- Our team will be wearing enhanced “personal protective equipment,” including face shields and multiple face masks. We may have the thermostat set to a cooler temperature, so we recommend you bring a light sweater or jacket for your office visit.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being a part of our dental family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.