Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. For the safety of our patients and dental team, our office adheres to the infection control recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment to help protect our patients and staff. These changes include:
- Masking in our office is not required, bit all patients are welcome to wear them if desired.
- Please advise our office if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or if you have been exposed to COVID, the flu, RSV, or other contagious illness.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. We will confirm those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment.
- To minimize contact and facilitate social distancing, our goal is to complete paperwork and payments electronically. While these systems are being updated, we ask that you send all documents to our HIPAA- secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that payments be made through our website payment feature or authorized over the phone, if possible.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office to use as needed.
- We are attempting to minimize use of our reception area. In addition, you may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or reading materials since those items are difficult to disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing and enhanced disinfection protocols between patients. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling appointments.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being a part of our dental family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.